Tuesday 15 February 2011

Gamers


After speeding through the last few layouts, I hit an inspirational brick wall with this sketch challenge from Pencil Lines. The bunting indicated a fair or theme park, or maybe the beach, and actually led to me choosing the papers I wanted to use before picking a photo, rather than choosing the papers based on the photo theme and colours. I had had these papers for a long while as my layouts normally use pastels or earthy colours but I thought they would make great bunting. However I found it difficult to find the 'right' photo and this was one layout where I did shuffle various different photos with the paper hoping that inspiration would strike. I even considered skipping this week's challenge but what is the point of a challenge if it is not challenging?

After sleeping on it, I decided to drop the actual bunting from the layout but stick with the bright papers and look for a photo which would work with them. I finally chose this one of my children, niece and nephews engrossed in their Nintendo DSs as I felt the colours echoed the game graphics even though we can't see them. The strangely named grey Suet Pudding paper reminded me of a concrete racetrack which suited the game they were playing and provided a neutral background for all that colour. I anchored the strips of paper with brite brads (which I had also had for a while) and added my journalling to one of the strips at the bottom.

Supplies
Paper - Blonde Moments Suet Pudding, Papermania Birthday Mini Scrapbook Kit
Brads - Making Memories, Laura Ashley
Alphabet - Craftime

No comments:

Post a Comment