Saturday 20 August 2011

Old & New

I am so grateful to Shimelle for helping me get so many layouts done this week. This one was done for her Starting Point challenge - "Create a layout that starts from this design.You can use any papers or colours you like, but before you add any pictures, start with that large box of paper in the background, a wide vertical strip plus a narrow stripe and a horizontal block. Then complete a layout."

Although we could choose any papers, I decided to go for bright ones like she used; bright papers made me turn to my photos from Malaysia in 2009 as the colours there seemed so much brighter than at home. My only deviation from the Starting Point was to use ribbon instead of the narrow strip of paper.

I used the group of three flowers to cover up a join in two pieces of the blue spotty paper so I decided that this layout would also satisfy the 3 is a Magic Number challenge (create a project that includes a group of three in the embellishment). Further '3s' in the layout are the use of three colours of paper (I usually only use one or two colours) and the title being in three parts, though I didn't particularly plan these and only realised afterwards.

The photos are of a traditional fishing jetty and the modern bridge to the mainland and were taken from the same spot. What a contrast!

Supplies
Card - DCWV Natural Stack
Paper - Scrapbook Magazine 'In the Sunshine' and 'Sunny Bay' Collections
Alphabet - Doodlebug Design
Ribbon - GCS
Flowers & Dew Drops - Papermania

No comments:

Post a Comment