I made things difficult for myself by choosing a portrait photo, and then mounting it on even taller portrait paper, but I love these ducks and boats, and I don't have many babies in my life. No babies really - as this photo is from 2007 and Ben starts school this term (gulp).
I was originally going to stitch across the top and bottom of the stripy paper but I wasn't sure which colour to use. However, once I had outlined the title letters, I realised that I needed a touch more black in the layout and so decided to use rub-on stitching instead. To my shame, I've had the rub-ons for about 18 months without using them and I wasn't sure how well they would rub. Although not perfect, they rubbed on reasonably well, especially considering they cost me 20p in a sale. All-in-all this was a very cost effective layout as the stripy paper was 10p in the same sale and the background is another white insert that I again coloured with chalks.
Paper - Me & My Big Ideas, Papermania, Mulberry from Stash
Letters - Basic Grey
Rub-Ons - Papermania
Brads - HOTP
Chalk - Readicut Crafts