Tuesday 20 September 2011

Cascades & Coasters

Disaster struck on Sunday evening when I ran out of yellow printer ink after the shops had shut. Having bought some on the way home from work yesterday, I was able to print my pictures for this layout, for Shimelle's sketch from last Wednesday.

I stretched the sketch to make it a double page spread about our trip to Alton Towers in May, adding a second narrower vertical panel of stripey paper on the right, to balance the one on the left. 


The papers are a recent purchase - the Sugar & Spice collection from Dovecraft. They are actually 8"x8" papers so the stripey pieces have been pieced together. However, being stripes, the joins don't show. The picture is a bit fuzzy (don't know why as the one on my PC is clear), but I have used my bracket border punch to make the blue borders above and below the central spotty pieces. The photos are matted on kraft card which happily matched some new letters. Sadly I have used all the Cs and Ss in one go.

Supplies
Card - DCWV Neutral Stack, Papermania Kraft Basics
Paper - Dovecraft Sugar & Spice
Letters - Crate Paper 

No comments:

Post a Comment