Tuesday 20 September 2011

Birthday Bouncing

Sketchy Thursdays are holding a Blog Hop with ScrapFIT; this week's challenge is to use their sketch in conjunction with ScrapFIT's workout #52 titled "F is for Friendship."

I chose to create a layout about my daughter's birthday party as the photos were near the top of my 'to scrap' pile, but I rotated the sketch and added another larger picture. 

I created the sun-ray patterned background with coloured chalks on a white scrapbobok insert. I was originally going to stitch along the colour joins, but I changed my mind as the layout progressed.

I moved the title to the bottom of the page, placing it between various pre-cut border pieces. The bottle-tops and giant brads are both digital elements that I downloaded from Two Peas in a Bucket and I added a few flowers to make groups of three embellishments in opposite corners.

Supplies
Card - Papermania
Chalk - Readicut Craft
Giant Brads - Shimelle Laine for Two Peas in a Bucket
Bottle-Caps - Betsy Tuma for Two Peas in a Bucket
Letters, Borders, Ribbon and Jewels - from Stash

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeeee how you did the photos! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet LO! Love how you flipped the sketch and the soft colors of the chalk! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love how you flipped the sketch...so creative! Thanks for playing with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete