Sunday 23 October 2011

One In ... One Out

I decided to work on the challenges from Pencil Lines and Scrap Whispers simultaneously in order to create twin pages about my daughter joining Scouts and my son leaving. These should have been separate events but they ended up happening on the same night, so I wanted to use the same papers and common elements while arranging the photos with two separate points of focus.

Both sketches are quite simple and leave plenty of room for interpretation:

I added horizontal strips of paper to the Pencil Lines sketch and extended the ones on the Scrap Whispers sketch so that they met in the middle. I also re-sized the photos so that the two on the left have about the same total area as the one on the right. 


I split my journalling across two mirror image tags, scanned the Scout badges to use as embellishments, and added a few circles to opposite corners of the layouts.

Supplies
Paper - Kit ''n' Kraft, DCWV Far East Stack
Letters - Pebbles Floral Lane
Cord - from Stash

3 comments:

  1. What a great double spread! I love your ide of scanning the scout badges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea to combine to sketches!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea! Two very cool, matching pages.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap Whispers, and look out for the new challenge coming up later today :)
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete