Tuesday 21 February 2012

On Top of The Calf

Pam posted a recipe challenge at My Scrapbook Nook earlier this month - to use 2 photos, 5 patterned papers, 5 buttons, a 2 font title, ribbon/trim/twine, diecuts and stitching. I've kept this in mind as I have started each of my layouts and this seemed to be the one.

The sketch is another one from the sketch-a-thon at My Sketch World and has plenty of layers of paper and a place for the buttons on the right. I stitched the circle around my title and die-cut some circles on the Big Shot. The biggest challenge was the ribbon/trim/twine, as they didn't really suit the page but I ended up making a spiral from some twine. I've seen these a few times recently, but this is the first time I've made one. I don't think that it will be the last.

If you were wondering, The Calf is a hill in the Yorkshire Dales, which my husband and father-in-law climbed in 2007. The date and journalling will be on the opposite page, with more pictures.

Supplies
Paper - K & Co Hannah Scrap Pad, Fancy Pants Papa, MME Wild Asparagus, plus one unlabelled
Letters - American Crafts Remarks, JoAnn Craft Essentials
Buttons & Twine - from Stash
Thread - DMC

Tools
Big Shot & Nested Circles Die
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment