Saturday 18 February 2012

Peer Mentors

The sketch-a-thon at My Sketch World is over, but we have a little longer to finish our layouts. This is the last one, but I need to go back and fill in a few gaps.

The sketch clearly needed a large photo, but I rarely print them larger than 4" x 6". This lead me to a photo of the Peer Mentors in my daughter's year at school, which is 5" x 7" and was already printed. I paired it with paper from a 6" x 6" paper pack, but I don't know which one as I bought it as a part-pack which wasn't labelled. 

I combined the sketch with a couple of embellishment challenges. The first one, also at My Sketch World, was to make our own version of a shop-bought embellishment. The Amy Tangerine range at American Crafts has some cute tags with hand-stitched words on them. I copied these by stitching the year onto a tag for this page.

The second challenge was the first Step Class at ScrapFIT, where Sheila gave us step-by-step instructions for covering raw chipboard with fabric. I followed them to make my green star embellishment.

The circle near the top of the photo is attached to a card with the names of all the people in the photo (before we forget).

Supplies
Paper - Chartwell Studio, plus some from Stash
Letters - Papermania
Chipboard Star - Papermania
Thread - DMC
Ink - Papermania
Tag & Fabric - from Stash

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Bazzill Piercing Tool

5 comments:

  1. beautiful page cool work with the chipboard!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo great----love the simple, clean look of the layout and the stitched tag is awesome! And of course, you rocked the chipboard! The star adds the perfect touch! Thanks for taking step class at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simple design of your layout! Nice work with the star embellie! Thanks for participating in the step class at ScrapFIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful LO! The stars really give a team spirit feel to the LO! Love how you used the tutorial to alter your chipboard for the perfect embellie for your page!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love how you followed the tutorial! The paper strips..awesome! Thanks for playing along at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete