Friday 20 April 2012

Brrr!

I'm skipping over Challenge 7 (Put it in a Pocket) for now, as the page I want to do is a double page and will be quite time-consuming. I'll definitely come back to it, even if it's after the official deadline for prizes.

So, Challenge 8:
I'm certainly guilty of buying stamps and not using them. I had my eye on a set of Papermania alphabet stamps for ages, waited for a 20% off coupon for the shop and bought them. I have Papermania letter stickers in several colours in this font and I really thought that I would put the stamps to good use. Guess how many times I have actually used them....none. I've looked at them over and over again but sometimes they don't fit with the page, and I can't stamp outline letters on a dark or busy paper, so they've just sat there, until now.

I planned to stamp my title in the ochre ink, and made my photo mats match by inking white card direct from the inkpad. However, once I had stamped the title, it was lost on the background. I inked more card, stamped in brown, cut out the letters and layered them over the original stamping. It was a bit fiddly but I'm very pleased to have used the stamps at last, and I WILL be using them again soon. I promise.

Supplies
Paper - Fancy Pants About a Boy, White Scrapbook Insert
Ink - Papermania, Dovecraft

Tools
Papermania Alphamania Clear Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment