Monday 11 June 2012

Thor's Cave

Time for a celebration, this is my 100th page this year. As I have 30-40 pages in an album, I should have finished three by now, but I haven't. I do enjoy jumping from project to project, scrapping whatever takes my fancy, but I sometimes feel I should concentrate on one album at a time. I was hoping this would be double celebration as I am close to finishing my Norway album from 2009, but I am waiting on my husband's help with the journalling as the last pages relate to a hike he did with our son.

My 2012 album is obviously a work in progress, but I also have albums from 2006, 2007 and a Far East holiday that I have started, plus one from a Baltic Cruise last year where I have done a few odd pages. In the spirit of concentrating on one album at a time, I pulled out 2007 over the weekend and turned to photos from our holiday in the Peak District. I had a selection of portrait photos from the Manifold Valley, which brought to mind the six photo layout from Shimelle Laine's 4x6 Photo Love class last year. I only actually had five photos but I replaced the sixth with a large journalling box:


These papers are from an older collection but they are a recent purchase. I had previously dismissed them as a 'Pets' range, but when I saw them in my LSS I realised that the colours are great and while carefully avoiding the paw prints and cute animals there are still enough patterns to be versatile.


Supplies
Card - Papermania Kraft Basics
Paper - Basic Grey Max & Whiskers (Clarence, Gannett, Abbott)
Flowers - Bo Bunny Mama-Razzi
Dew Drops - Papermania
Letters - Basic Grey Nordic Holiday, Lily Bee Design Double Dutch

No comments:

Post a Comment