Wednesday 31 October 2012

It's a Date

I've done most the classes that I want to do from the Cybercrop. Some of them are beautiful pages or projects, but just not me. I was in two minds about doing the Earlybird Digi Challenge from last Thursday, as I don't do digital. For me, scrapbooking is about getting the photos out of the computer to somewhere they will be seen; if I did digital pages, I think they would probably remain on the computer alongside the original photos.

I decided to treat the class template as a sketch, and its four photos in a mix of orientations was a bit different from most I've seen. I went all the way back to 1991 for these photos of a visit to Rochester Castle with my then boyfriend (who I've now been married to for 19 years). There's not a lot of colour in the photos, so I chose a softly patterned paper as my background and framed it to add a bit of a stronger colour. I did end up moving things around compared to the template as they suited my page better that way.

Supplies
Card - DCWV Neutral Stack
Paper & Embellishments - K & Co Life's Journey
Letters - Anita's Glitterations, Authentique Petite Type
Ink - Dovecraft

Tools
EK Success Corner Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment