Friday 16 November 2012

Railway Children


An extreme version of the patchwork idea is to combine four patterns in quadrants on the page. This is something that crops up from time to time on Shimelle's blog, and I've made a few quadrant-based pages in response to her prompts in the past, including Little India and Montmartre.

I stuck to one collection each time on my previous pages, but the aim of this class is to mix our papers for a new look. I started from the stripy paper, turned it over for the aqua spots, and found co-ordinating papers in my scraps box.


After taking this photo, and seeing it on the computer monitor, I moved the word 'railway' over to the left a bit, but I haven't taken a new picture.

Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV
Paper - Crate Paper Little Sprout, Crate Paper Mia + Scraps 
Letters - Pebbles
Journalling Tag - Making Memories

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
EK Success Corner Punch

1 comment:

  1. I love this layout! And I love the sentiment behind it. My son was a huge rail road fan as a kid.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete