Monday 31 December 2012

We're Off

My final page of the year, and there's quite a story behind it. I actually made it in August but had to keep it secret as it was part of a scraplifting chain of pages at the Scrap Whispers blog. The Scrap Whispers game works in the same way as the old game of Chinese Whispers, with each of us passing our page to the next person to scraplift, so it changes through time.

The 'message' or original page started its journey back in April and should have taken around three to four months to pass through the 15 participants. However what with over-protective spam filters and real life emergencies we were about a month behind schedule by the time Sadie's page (right) reached me at the end of July.

I was initially overwhelmed by the challenge that I had taken on as Sadie's page is completely different from anything I would normally choose to scraplift. However I remember breaking it down into its constituent parts and transferring these to my page.

Basically, Sadie had two photos with a large rectangle of paper behind them, a title across the bottom of the page and an assortment of embellishments including a baseball, a tag and a calender.

My photos were taken as we left Dover for a cruise last year and I kept the same orientations and similar sizes to Sadie but I moved the smaller one across to accommodate the quote on my patterned paper. I copied her calender and used a larger tag for my journalling in the same position as her tag. Sadie's baseball became a circle around my journalling and I added a circle sticker around the cruise start date on my calender.

I think that Sadie has used an electronic die-cutting machine for her title, and I like the way you can see the background through the letter shapes. I don't have one so I chose stickers on a strip of vellum for its translucent qualities.

All the pages in the chain were revealed together on the Scrap Whispers blog on Christmas Eve. Why not hop over there and see what Kathy came up with when she received my page, and how it changed step-by-step 

from this:   into this:

A new game will be starting on 12th January, but this time there will be three teams of five so it should move more swiftly; you can sign up via this blog post or find out more information about how the game works here.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - docrafts Spring Chic, Karen Foster Cruise Collage, MME Wild Asparagus
Tag - Making Memories 
Letters - American Crafts Sixth Avenue
Circle Sticker - Flair Designs Anchors Away
Gems - Dovecraft
Ink - Ink It Up!

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circle Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment