Tuesday 1 January 2013

Top 12 Pages of 2012

I've seen a few blog posts recently with round-ups of 2012 so I've been looking back over the 230 scrapbook pages and 256 blog posts that I made last year. Choosing a Top 10 or Top 12 for the year would have been an overwhelming task, so I've decided to share my favourite page from each month of last year:

January: Remember the Details - photos from our holiday in Singapore, using a sketch from Get Picky. Sadly the Get Picky blog closed in April.



February: Fort Canning Park, another page with photos of Singapore, using the 4x6 Photo Love class from May 2011. I've used this class over and over again; a similar page appears in most of my albums, but this was the first and is still my favourite. The page also has one of my favourite papers from last year - the stripe is from Crate Paper's Little Sprout collection.



MarchCounting the Days, my son and his advent calender, scrapped with the aid of a sketch from Scrap Whispers. This site went quiet during the second half of 2012 but they are promising new challenges for 2013.



April: 1.2.3 - my nephew, son and daughter in the same baby chair at similar ages, from a scraplift chain challenge at My Scrapbook Nook; the site closed in September.



May: Stockholm - a summary page for our day in this city, using a new mask for a National Scrapbooking Day challenge at My Scrapbook Nook, and another of my favourite papers - the floral is from Pink Paislee's Prairie Hill collection. 




June: Spring - a page scraplifted from one of Shimelle Laine's example pages in her Hitchhiker's Guide to Scrapbooking workshop at Two Peas in a Bucket.



July: Cheerful Day - an old photo of my Grandad's first five great-grand-children, scrapped using Dear Lizzy Neapolitan papers.



August: We're Off - I only blogged it yesterday, but it belongs to August. This page for the Scrap Whispers chain of pages was one of only five that I made this month.



September: Family Snapshots - Photos from Malaysia, using the August scrap map from Creative Craft World. This is one of very few pages in my Far East album with photos of people rather than buildings and scenery.



October: Fly the Flag - Us in the Olympic Stadium, during the Paralympic Games, and the first time I used my sewing machine on a page.



November: 3 Boys - My son and his cousins; the page was made as part of the 10th Anniversary CyberCrop at UKScrappers.




December: Climbing the Walls - a page from my day in Conwy last April, inspired by one of the prompts from Shimelle Laine's Scrapbook Remix class.



So there you have it, 12 favourite pages from last year. One thing I have noticed while picking these, is that my favourites are not necessarily those with the latest papers or following current trends. My favourite pages are the ones with some of my favourite photos or with photos that invoke good memories of a day or event. And that is why I scrapbook.

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice assortment - November and December are my favorites.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete