Saturday 2 February 2013

Family Dinner

I've been slow with this week's challenge from UK Scrappers. The January Week 4 challenge was set by the Bijoux Belles again. They asked for a travel theme, something food related, to use red or bling (or both) and to include a fair amount of journalling (which may be hidden).

Travel and food was a tad difficult, but I followed the example of other scrappers and picked a photo of the family in a restaurant on holiday. In our case, this was a meal in Malaysia, the night before my brother-in-law's wedding. The Bijoux Belles didn't give us any restrictions on the layout, so I used the January sketch from Sarah's Cards for my page. I used plenty of red, including red bling, but my papers were too heavily patterned to write on so I ended up making a tag for the journalling and tucking it into the layers.



Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV 8x8 Neutral Stack
Paper - First Edition J'Adore
Letters - MME Lush, Pebbles Mini ABC
Bling - Pebbles Welcome Christmas
String - Recycled from Clothing Label
Ink - Dovecraft

Tools
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
'Ordinary' Hole Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment