Saturday 20 April 2013

Mascot Hunting

Challenge 135 at Scrap Whispers was a colour challenge - to use red, aqua, white and kraft on a page. I picked a couple Olympic mascot photos and printed them at 4x6 and I pulled out an assortment of papers but I started the page without any clear idea of where it would end up.

My first step was to use white mist and a stencil to make a pattern on my kraft cardstock background. Then I discovered that my photos would cover most of my stencilled area if I laid them side-by-side so I ended up placing them in a vertical column with strips of paper and ribbon. I tried to counteract all the vertical lines with some horizontal washi tape and a white circle around  my title, which I stamped because I didn't have sufficient letter stickers in the the right size and a good colour. 


Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania Kraft Basics
Paper - MME Lime Twist
Washi Tape - Trimcraft
White Stickers - Anita's Glitterations
Gems & Ribbon - from Stash
Mist - Mister Huey's Opaque White
Ink - Papermania

Tools
Pebbles ABC Stamps
Dreamweaver Background Dots Stencil
Amy Tangerine Roller Date Stamp

2 comments:

  1. Great page. I loved those mascots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so busy! This one is cute, loving that circle

    ReplyDelete