Sunday 5 May 2013

Cousins

Yesterday's NSD challenge from Scrap Our Stash was a real stash-buster. The prizes will be awarded by random draw, and the more stash we bust the more draws we get, plus two extra draws for using one of about 60 sketches. The stash list included ribbon, tags, brads, layered stickers, washi tape, twine, paint, wood pieces, bling and the use of two or more punches. I don't actually have any layered stickers or wood pieces but I managed six of the others.

I decided to scrap a photo of my son and niece that I had considered for the last page I made, and then I looked for a sketch which would be easy to include those tags with the landscrape photo; I chose this one from Rochelle Spears as I knew I could substitute the smaller photos for tags.

I had a lovely new collection of paper just waiting for me to cut into - DIY Shop from Crate Paper. I'm loving Crate Paper at the moment, this is the second full collection I have bought this year (and I don't normally buy the whole collection of anything). Shimelle Laine set 24 NSD challenges yesterday (one an hour from midnight to midnight) and her Challenge 13 was to highlight our favourite papers. DIY Shop are certainly those for me right now. 


The collection includes several sheets with tags already printed. I made hole reinforcers for the tags using two punches and threaded ribbon through them, positioning them to the left of my photo, as in the sketch. A couple of strips of paper lie under the photo, and I used a border punch on one of them. My background paper has a water-colour effect and I spattered some droplets of white paint on it along the diagonal, added washi tape above and below the photo and used a heart brad next to my title.

Supplies
Paper - Crate Paper DIY Shop
Letters - October Afternoon
Washi Tape - Trimcraft
Ribbon - from Stash
Paint - Mr Huey's
Brad - Kit 'n' Craft

Tools
Fiskars Bracket Border Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
'Ordinary' Hole Punch

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a sweet photo! Love the layering of the tags under your photo! Thanks for joining us for NSD at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! love the tags! Thanks for playing along with SOS NSD challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete