Sunday 19 May 2013

Die Cuts Card

I'm still making my way through the Birthday challenges at Sketch-n-Scrap, and there is a good variety of them. This one is from Ria at Heart for Handmade, and she asked us to put our die-cutters to good use and make a card.

I have my sister-on-law's Big Shot on almost permanent loan, but I only tend to use it for alphabets and tickets; I had a rummage through her dies and picked out a fancy envelope die as a starting point for a card on a card. I also used dies for the ticket in the envelope and for the two stars.

  
Supplies
Card - Craft Creations
Paper - Magazine Freebie
Cardstock - American Crafts
Sentiment - The Robin's Nest

Tools
Big Shot
Sissix Mini Elegant Card & Envelope Die
Sissix Stars Die
X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Kreaxions Circle Cutter

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda. I always love mini envelopes in cards. It just adds texture and character. So glad you played along in my die cut challenge at Sketch-N-Scrap :)
    xx Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is lovely Amanda! I love the mini envie and circle, really pops the sentiment off the card! Thanks for joining in our Birthday Bash at Sketch N Scrap! Also left you another comment about the kit challenge so hope you got that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative idea to add the die cut envelope! Beautiful card and thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete