I've finally finished my page from Week Two of Shimelle Laine's Break It Down class at UKScrappers (lagging behind as the class is now at the end of Week Four). Every week there are six prompts that build to a complete page, but I went my own way with some of them for this week.
1. Scrap a conversation - Ignored this as there wasn't a particular conversation that I actually wanted to scrap. I decided to scrap the next set of Cornish holiday photos and see where the prompts lead me.
2. Choose your supplies - DIY Shop papers from Crate Paper, which I've used on several Cornish pages so far.
3. Make some stacked embellishments - I did do this, but after I had made the rest of the page.
4. Design a page using stacks of paper - Shimelle gave us a sketch but I decided to make a random stack under my photos and add extra strips at the top right and bottom left. At this point, I changed mybackground paper and also raided my scraps box for anything that would co-ordinate with the DIY Shop papers.
5. Block out the space for photos/journalling/title - I already had a clear idea where my page was going, the photos are the major element and I didn't feel that it needed any journalling.
6. Use your smallest stamps - I don't have many stamps, but I did stamp a flower on any clear space on the paper layers.
And here's the finished page:
Paper - KaiserCraft Le Chateau, Crate Paper DIY Shop, Scraps inc. Basic Grey Periphery and K&Company Hannah
Letters - Jillibean Soup Alphabeans, American Crafts Thickers
Washi Tape - We R Memory Keepers
Gems - Papermania Dew Drops
Stickers - K&Co Hannah
Ink - docrafts
Big Shot & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Hobbycraft Star Punch
Popcorn Flower Stamp (Magazine Freebie)