Tuesday 25 June 2013

Rainforest Biome

Thus is my final 'Biome' page from the Eden Project in Cornwall last summer, but the Rainforest Biome was so big that it gets a double page. So often, when I do a double page I print all my photos the same size and use quite a rigid grid to fit them all in. I wanted to get away from that a bit so I chose two sizes of photo and tried to arrange them across the page in the order that we saw them. There's still some 'gridness' to the page as I couldn't help but line some of the photos up with each other but I do like the flow of it.






I have had this rainforest printed paper for ages and this was the perfect opportunity to use it, but it's quite a bold print and could easily overwhelm the photos. I decided to use large pieces at the page edges and punched squares among the photos as embellishments, then I added lots of epoxy flowers to the corners between photos and squares. Then I went back to my Mediterranean Biome page and added the same flowers in blue to that page. I've journalled on that one too now.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill (Natural)
Paper - docrafts Spring Chic, unlabelled rainforest paper, Sandylion Travel Stripes
Letters - Basic Grey, Lily Bee
Flowers - WHSmith
Ink - docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Dovecraft 1" Square Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment