Friday 11 October 2013

Paralympic Highlights

I've reached the point with my 2012 albums that I mostly have double pages left to do. This one is from the Paralympics; I did a whole album with my Olympic and Paralympic photos, but I also want a double page from the Paralympics in the ordinary 2012 album, as this was a big event in the year.

I decided to use the same papers from that album for this page, make a patchwork from the scraps, and add polaroid style photos to most of the patchwork squares. This turned out to be rather time-consuming as each square turned into a mini layout with its own journalling and embellishments:



The lighting is terrible in that photo, so here are the two pages separately:






I didn't set out to make another challenge page, but this one meets the criteria for Challenge 153 at Scrap Whispers - a double page with at least five photos and the title running across both pages - so I am linking up there.

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania Kraft Basics
Paper - Papermania Portobello Road, MME Wild Asparagus
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, Basic Grey Micro Mono
Labels - Maya Road
Washi Tape - The Range, Trimcraft
Ink - Ink It Up!, docrafts
Sequins & Stars - from Stash

Tools
Sewing Machine
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Woodware Postage Stamp Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Hobbycraft Star Punch
Woodware Tiny Star Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
Amy Tangerine Date Stamp

2 comments:

  1. Awesome layout! Great use of photos! TFP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Amanda. Love your colour blocking, and how you paired the photos up vertically - really effective. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete