Wednesday 30 October 2013

World in Miniature

Whenever I flip through my photo albums, there are certain groups of photos that I know how I want to scrap, but I just don't get round to doing them. They are mostly groups with lots of 4x6 photos, and I am generally planning to use a chapter from Shimelle Laine's 4x6 Photo Love class which ran at Two Peas in a Bucket in 2011.

I've decided to tackle one of these sets of photos today - a set of 12 from World in Miniature, an attraction in Cornwall which had models of famous landmarks. (My photos are from 2004; World in Miniature closed in 2008.) I'm using the November class which was intended for 11 photos, but it was easy to include one more.

The basic premise of Shimelle's 11 (or 12) photo page is a double page with seven photos, plus a 6x12 insert with 4 (or 5) more. This is the left page and the front of the insert:

and the back of the insert with the right page:





I know that I could have re-printed all of the photos smaller and fitted them on a 'standard' double page, but it seemed to be a terrible waste of photos to do that, and then what would I have done with the originals? I'm trying to convert all my old photo albums to scrapbooks and I don't want albums full of originals plus scrapbooks full of copies.


Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV Linen Closet Stack
Paper - Crate Paper The Pier, Papermania Portobello Road
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, Bo Bunny Mama-Razzi
Stickers - October Afternoon, Bo Bunny Mama-Razzi
Washi Tape - The Range
Flowers - from Stash
Gems - Papermania Dew Drops
Ink - docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch


1 comment:

  1. Great layouts, Amanda! Could you please contact me (carolinapxto@hotmail.com.br) and let me know your street address again so I can send you your prize? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete