Saturday 30 November 2013

Boxing Day

I very nearly forgot to do a page for Sue's sketch challenge at Me and Mine this month. I've been concentrating on 2003 photos recently and didn't have anything suitable from that year, so I put it off for later... until I was almost too late.

The sketch was for five small photos, and I knew I had some that my sister gave me years ago, from my son's first Christmas. It turned out that I had two 4x6 photos as well as the five smaller photos, so this became a double page with the sketch rotated as the right-hand-side.


I used papers from three different Fancy Pants Christmas collections; luckily the papers I had all co-ordinated, but I don't think they would all necessarily work together. I didn't have two papers the same for the backgrounds so I cut and pieced two papers and used a border sticker over the join. I adore these wood veneer stars and used a liberal scattering in place of the hearts on the sketch.

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania
Paper - Fancy Pants Home for Christmas, Fancy Pants Winterland, Fancy Pants Tradition
Letters - MME Lush
Border Sticker - Fancy Pants Home for Christmas
Stars - Studio Calico
Ink - docrafts

2 comments:

  1. How clever to turn the sketch and make it into a double page - well done! I love those stars, too, and scattering them along the centre line like that is very effective, Thanks so much for joining in my challenge.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who likes to scrap multiple pictures (when I get a chance to scrap), I really like this sketch and what you did with it to make a two page layout.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete