Tuesday 11 March 2014

52 Walks - February

My '52 Walks' suffered a few setbacks in February. Sundays and Tuesdays are normally good walking days in my diary but I worked overtime on three Tuesdays last month, and either bad weather or family events wiped out some of the Sundays too.

The Tuesday overtime was a known factor (there are only four of us in our office so one person's holiday tends to mean another person's overtime) so I had mentally intended this to be '52 Walks This Year' not 'One Walk per Week'. However I am disappointed that I only did two walks last month (and that it's taken me so long to make and blog the related pages):

Walk 5 - St Clement's Church: This was the church used for the funeral in 'Four Weddings and a Funeral'. I've been meaning to visit it for years, and this little project gave me the motivation to go there at last.


Walk 6 - Warren Gorge: A circular walk through part of the Chafford Gorges Nature Park. It's a walk that I've done many times before, with minor variations in the exact route, but an easy choice when time is limited.


I'm playing 'catch-up' now as I would ideally like to have completed 13 walks by the end of March. It's the 11th today and I've done three so far this month so it seems possible, but I know that I have more overtime ahead of me. Let's see how many walks I can fit into the next 20 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment