Sunday 20 April 2014

Road & Rail

My scrapping break means that I have a whole stack of challenges lined up to do. The first one I picked was the April sketch from Susan at Me & Mine. The obvious thing to use for all her stripes is washi tape so I pulled out a selection. The variety of colours and patterns had a playful, child-like feel so I picked a photo of my son as a toddler to go with them.

This is actually my second draft of the page. I picked a blue patterned background and a limited colour palette for the first attempt, but they just looked wrong together. I switched to a plain white background to have another go with more colours and I am much happier with this version.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Studio Calico Snippets
Washi Tape - Trimcraft, Efco, We R Memory Keepers, The Range, Waterstones
Letters - American Crafts
Buttons - Fancy Pants Wavesearcher

Tools
American Crafts Notebook Border Punch

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love your bright and colourful page. I agree, Washi does look best on a pale, plain colour. Thank you for taking part in my challenge again.
    Sue @ Me&Mine xx

    ReplyDelete