Saturday 31 May 2014

Love Locks

I made this page a few weeks ago for the team scraplifting game at Scrap Whispers, but I had to keep it a secret until the 'Big Reveal' at the end of the game. Three teams of scrappers start from the same page and each player scraplifts the page made by the player before her, without seeing any of the other pages in the chain. The three final pages can be quite similar or very different depending which elements each player takes from the page before theirs.

This time I was scraplifting Susi's page from her trip to London, and I chose to make a page from my visit to Paris. These are the 'love locks' on the Pont de l'ArchevĂȘchĂ©.




This is Susi's page (right). I used two photos in the same space as her one photo and similar placement of patterned paper. I kept her circles of brads which link nicely with the metals of the locks in my photos. I changed her pennants for a small piece of Paris map paper, with a tiny red brad to mark the location of the bridge. I moved the title as it leads directly into the journalling, and ended that journalling with a sub-title. I did consider adding some hearts like Susi did, but I thought that they would just get lost against my patterned paper background.

You can see all three chains of pages on the Scrap Whispers blog: Georgina's Team; Nilsa's Team; Rosey's Team.

Supplies
Paper - First Edition Spring Feast, K&Co Hannah, October Afternoon Travel Girl, Unlabelled Hearts Paper
Letters - MME Lush
Brads - Dovecraft, Papermania
Washi Tape - American Crafts
Ink - Ink It Up!

1 comment: