Wednesday 16 July 2014

10 in 10

It's been a little while since I shared a traditional 12x12 page, but I have one for you today. Last month, my husband took part in the 10 in 10 Challenge, climbing 10 Lake District peaks in 10 hours to raise funds for the MS Society. I wasn't there, and I scavenged photos from Facebook and Twitter for this page, the obligatory selfie at the start and the post-walk celebrations in the pub.

One landscape photo and one portrait photo can be awkward but with the imminent closure of Two Peas in a Bucket I had been reviewing Glitter Girl's videos, and spotted Adventure 54 where she had used this photo combination with a large journalling block, plenty of space for me to tell the story of the day.




This week's challenge at UKScrappers was set by Sue and she asked us to use four-in-a-row from this bingo card. I decided not to make a specific page for this, but to incorporate the elements into the next page where I could make them work.

I had already chosen the grid background paper and washi tape for this page (also two or more photos, numbers and squares) and I added stitching and wood veneer birds to complete Row 3. The birds might seem like an odd addition, but all these walkers use Twitter and share their walks via social media. In fact, my husband originally 'met' most of them via Twitter, and only subsequently met up face-to-face.

Supplies
Paper - Simple Stories Awesome, Simple Stories Take a Hike
Letters - American Crafts Thickers
Birds - Freckled Fawn
Washi Tape - Efco
Ink - Ranger
Thread - DMC

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment