Wednesday 20 May 2015

Arlington Court

After a brief wander through the archives for National Scrapbooking Day, I'm back to 2015 photos. I'd like to get this year up-to-date but I'm also feeling the pull of other projects-in-progress.


While we were in Devon at Easter, we visited the National Trust property of Arlington Court near Barnstaple. I had sufficient photos that I needed a double page, so turned to this month's double page sketch from Stick It Down.

On this occasion it was more of a starting point than an exact representation. I flipped the sketch from left to right, and played with the sizes and positions of the photos, though the total number remained the same. The biggest change though, was to use hexagons instead of circles on the edges of the page. I made a mosaic of three sizes of hexagon in patterned paper, then layered vellum hexagons with my journalling over them. I completed the page with mistable fabric/chipboard hexagons which I inked to match my background paper.



Supplies
Paper - 7 Dots Studio Illumination
Vellum - The Works
Washi Tape - from Stash
Hexagons - Studio Calico Mistables
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot
Sizzix Wallflower Alphabet Dies
X-Cut Hexagon Dies


6 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch Amanda. The hexagons are a great substitute for the circles and the vellum worked in great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous layout Amanda. The hexagons are absolutely fantastic. What a great lesson in making a sketch ones own. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice LO, great use of the hexagons. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Lovely and gorgeous page. I like the unique shape; hexagons and you picked out lovely patterned papers for this sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful 2 pager. great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing at SID.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout! I love how you made it your own with the hexagons. :) Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down! :)

    ReplyDelete