Monday 29 June 2015

Stick It Down - June Card

It's almost the end of the month, and I'm squeezing in one last card, from the June sketch at Stick It Down. I'm on the single page DT there, but I do like to do the double pages and cards too.

Despite making a trio of cards already this week, I needed one more, one suitable for a 15 year old boy. I recently bought some green 'Happy Birthday' paper intending it for masculine cards and I used it as the start of my colour scheme. I picked a couple of 6x6 papers and layered them up for a simple version of the card sketch.


With my sentiment already printed on the paper, I used a chipboard circle in place of the sentiment circle in the sketch. It was one that I had previously inked and then not used, and it fitted in here. I also punched three cardstock stars and stuck them together for a thicker embellishment, adding them to the chipboard with a foam square.  

Supplies
Card - Craft Tonic
Paper - Making Memories, Craft Creations
Chipboard - Papermania?
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Hobbycraft Star Punch

2 comments:

  1. Love the card Amanda. The colouring is so subtle and yet it reads 'big impact'. By the way, really enjoyed your "The Day brian may came to Palmers College" layout this month. Thanks for playing along with the other sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the sentiment is on the PP...Cute card! Thanks for sharing at STICK IT DOWN!

    ReplyDelete