|Paper after cutting into it for the last page|
However, the pink background was the perfect colour for my last page so I cut into that sheet at last, using the top part for a couple of strips and a some ticket die-cuts. I figured that I was never going to use the paper at the full 12x12 size anyway, and this way at least part of it would be used.
Then I realised that although it was a difficult paper to use on a scrapbook page, it would be possible to use it for cards. The row of tulips had gaps in between some of the flower heads and, with care, I could cut it into three pieces, with one, two and three tulips. Each piece was a different width, leading to cards in three different shapes/sizes.
I used the middle section, with three tulips, for my next card. This was wider and seemed suited to a square panel. The width of the flower panel was dictated by the position of the flowers and my square was too small for the card, so I matted it on some old mulberry paper. Finally I tied a ribbon around the flower panel.
The single tulip on the left of the paper gave me a tall, narrow card. The background at that point has faded from pink to grey-green so I switched to pink mulberry paper behind the flower, and added a border sticker to the bottom of the panel.