Thursday 9 July 2015

Plas Mawr

I rarely re-scrap a page; once it's done and in the album, it generally stays there. Trends and tastes change but I generally still like my older pages. However, if there's a page that makes me cringe every time I see it, then I have to have another go at it.

I've been working through my 2002 photos recently, and I scrapped a photo of our children at Plas Mawr (an Elizabethan townhouse in Conwy, Wales) as one of the CHA challenges at Two Peas in January 2013. (The original post is here.)

I suppose that this was at the start of the trend in mixed media, as I have a square of paint on a plain cardstock background behind my papers and photo. I really don't like that paint; it's too thick, you can see the brushstrokes and it's too great a contrast with the cardstock.

I still like the papers, so I decided to see what I could rescue for a new page. The answer was pretty much everything. I use double-sided tape for most of my pages and this pulls apart fairly well with a bit of care. 

My new page has a softer background, and I moved the paper squares closer together this time. I added strips of washi tape to the top and bottom of the page and stuck smaller pieces by the title. I spread out the embellishment clusters and added a word sticker to each one. I also spattered some mist along the diagonal.



Simple changes in the end, but I'm much happier with the new version and can carry on with the album without cringing every time I flip through and see that page.

Supplies
Paper - Glitz Designs Uncharted Waters, Basic Grey Plumeria, K&Co Hannah
Letters - Basic Grey
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz Idea-Ology
Washi Tape - Papermania (Gold) & Unknown Teal
Mist - Mister Huey's
Ink - Docrafts
Pearls - Dovecraft

Tools
EK Success Corner Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Woodware Flower Punch

2 comments:

  1. I was only thinking yesterday that there are some pages I would like to re-do of mine and here you are posting about yours! I must admit I love the new version, plenty of soft, light colours. I won't feel so guilty rehashing mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must say I like how you have made the changes to your Lo Amanda. I also make small changes to some lo's & add little extras when I look throught them .

    ReplyDelete