We visited the eastern fringes of Newfoundland, Labrador and Nova Scotia with four Canadian ports of call, St John's, Sydney, Corner Brook and Red Bay, plus one that is actually French - Saint Pierre.
Every year, I like to take as many Scavenger Hunt photos as possible while we are on holiday, especially when that holiday is in another country. I was on 14 of the 21 items at the end of July, but for this trip the slate was wiped clean and I was starting again from zero.
St John's, Newfoundland
5. Architectural columns - the Colonial Building, seat of government from 1850 to 1959, currently being renovated.
14. A traffic signal
16. A panoramic view from above - the harbour and the city from Signal Hill.
Saint-Pierre, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon (France)
11. A cellular tower or TV satellite dish
13. A merry-go-round or carousel
Sydney, Nova Scotia
10. A college or university - McKenzie College (Sydney Campus)
12. A public restroom, bathroom or toilet
14. Another traffic signal
15. A flag pole with at least three flags
This one was going to be difficult in England, and I'd hoped to find it in Canada.
Corner Brook, Newfoundland
2. An ornate door knocker, found for sale in a junk shop.
6. A metal bridge, spanning the Corner Brook Stream
8. Someone "plugged in" to social media - Some of the crew making use of the free wi-fi in the port building.
16. Another panoramic view - from Crow Hill
On Board the Ship
1. A bouquet of flowers
7. A turtle, in one of the shops.
17. Two or more people in matching uniforms - the captain and two of the ship's officers.
Having spent 16 nights at sea, I have a large number of photos for item 20 - a natural body of water. Here are just a few:
The Atlantic Ocean at sunset.
The Narrows, the harbour entrance at St John's.
The Bay of Islands at sunrise.
Corner Brook Stream
I'm rather annoyed that I forgot about the person walking a dog (no. 3), as we saw several Newfoundland dogs in Newfoundland itself. Also, I should have snapped a photo of the bridge players in the card room on the ship (no. 4).
All in all, I have 15 finds from Canada, and five of them are genuine additions to my previous total of 14, bringing me to 19 with three weeks to go.
My 'missing' photos are the ticket booth and the self-portrait, so I am sure to add at least one more to this score. I nabbed one of the substitutes back in June, so even if I don't find the ticket booth, it looks like I'll complete the hunt this year.
Rinda is hosting another link up for the end of August, so please hop over to her blog and see how well everyone else is doing too.