Monday 17 August 2015

James

If you're anything like me, you have a collection of useless Thickers sitting about, packs with hardly any vowels and no hope of making a new page title, but you can't quite bring yourself to throw them away. I've had an idea brewing in my head for a while about how to use some of them up, and I've finally put that idea into practice.

I picked a set of dark grey foam Thickers in the Lullaby font, and matched them to similar dark grey cardstock to make a background for my page. Lullaby is a very curly decorative font, and I thought that I would be able to fit the letters and numbers together in an interesting pattern; a more formal font would probably have been very blocky. 



The photo is an old one of my nephew when he started secondary school, and the layers behind it are a result of more stash-busting. I chuck all my paper scraps in one box as I go along, and when it's full I sort all of those scraps into co-ordinating mini-kits in order to use them up. These papers were part of a aqua/teal and grey set that I had pulled together a couple of weeks ago.

Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV
Papers - Pink Paislee, Crate Paper, American Crafts, Bo Bunny
Letters - American Crafts
Rub-On Letters - Making Memories
Mist - Docrafts
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot and Quickutz Tabs Die
Woodware Tag (as a Template)


No comments:

Post a Comment