Thursday 15 October 2015

Guest Acts

Sorry, my cruise pages aren't showing much of the beautiful and interesting places that we visited at the moment. I'm finding it easier to pick off those pages where I have a limited number of photos to choose from.

The ship has its own resident entertainment team, but also invites guest acts onboard. We had five guest acts this cruise - flautist, singer, magician, pianist and comedian.

I picked the 1 October sketch from Sketch-n-Scrap for my page; it's a six-photo sketch and I only had five, but I planned to place my title in the position of the sixth photo. Mine are portrait so I also decided to switch to two rows of three photos instead of three rows of two.

I'd already printed my photos, which are larger than those in the sketch, and once I started laying things out it was clear that I was going to have to shuffle the elements around the page, so my page is not an exact copy of the sketch by any means. I dropped the smaller background square entirely, and the 'tilt' is smaller on my page than the sketch. I also moved the large circle in onto my title square. Hopefully you can see enough similarity between my page and the original sketch.



Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits
Letters - American Crafts
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug
Ink - Docrafts
Washi Tape - Unknown

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
X-Cut Corner Punch

9 comments:

  1. I can see how you tried to use the sketch as much as you were able considering the size of your photo's. The sketches with little photo's are always difficult to work when you have a pile of 6x4's to scrap!Your title looks good in the circle and the papers you've used are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the sketch! The beauty of a sketch is you can always make it your own! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful take on the sketch! perfect photos for this layout! thanks for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap this month!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty layout, and way to go on making the sketch work for you! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch!! Love your layout :). ! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great take on the sketch challenge and nice that you can still get that many photos on the layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job making the sketch fit your photos! Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch! Loved how you fit so many pictures in this layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete