Friday 9 October 2015

What Time Is It?

I have a number of cruise pages fizzing in my head, waiting for me to get them down on paper. Some of them are ideas that I had while we were on holiday, including the intention of documenting the eleven time zone changes that we experienced in fourteen nights. The cruise terminal in Sydney (Nova Scotia, not New South Wales) had a row of clocks on the wall, and this was just what I needed illustrate the story.

When I saw the Scrappy Friends challenges this month, and in particular Rochelle's tic-tac-toe grid with 'clock' in one corner, I knew that it was time to make the page. I had a clock print paper in beige and brown to satisfy the middle box, and just needed to use some pearls to complete the diagonal line.

The second part of the challenge is Brenda's sketch, and I decided to put my photo on one of her large tags with my title on the other one. I knew that this would make them different widths and I played about with some of the paper layers and my circles for a more one-sided page.

The third part is Kelly's autumnal mood board from which I picked the overall brown colour, with a tiny touch of orange in my washi tape, and the circular arrow piece (a bracelet?) which I copied as a piece of wood veneer.

I had a large amount of writing, so I used my finest pen to minimise its visual impact. I pre-planned it and I thought I had plenty of space, but in the end it filled the whole of the lower part of my clocks paper.



Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, Hot Off the Press, Echo Park, Teresa Collins 
Letters - American Crafts, October Afternoon, Bo Bunny
Stickers - Anita's Glitterations, Ebay
Washi Tape - Efco
Wood Veneer - Creative Embellishments
Pearls - Mark Richards
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch


4 comments:

  1. I love how you worked this sketch and the circle embellishments are so sweet, just the right amount of detail to go with your clock photo. Hope you have a wonderful weekend Amanda. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout and take on all three challenges! Thank you for playing along with Scrappy Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool page! Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Friends challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a beautiful soft palette take on the challenges! I love what you picked out of the mood board! Such a lovely layout! Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete