Saturday 14 November 2015

He Paints

A few weeks ago I made a page titled She Reads about our daughter's habit of reading whenever and wherever she could on holiday. I intended it to be one of a pair and now I've made the second. One of my husband's hobbies is watercolour painting, and he likes to paint the places we visit in situ. Sometimes we sit near him while he paints, but sometimes we abandon him and return to the ship. This cruise I made a conscious effort to take photos of him as it's a regular but undocumented part of our holidays.




I used Sketch #92 from Sketch-n-Scrap for my page, but I changed some of the layers. I'm working with a paper pad for this album, and I've cut into most of the sheets now so I have to work with the pieces that I have left whatever shape and size they are.

My photos are smaller than those in the sketch (being squares rather than rectangles) and this left some extra space at the top and bottom of the page, so I added a couple of paper strips. It wasn't intentional. but the spotty strip under the title reminds me of a row of paints so I'm rather happy with the way that turned out.

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, Graphic 45 Artisan Style, HOTP Travel
Letters - American Crafts
Stars - Heidi Swapp, Studio Calico
Ink/Mist - Docrafts

Tools
X-Cut Corner Punch

9 comments:

  1. LOVE your take on the sketch! What a wonderful thing to document! Thanks for joining us again at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout! I love your choice of papers. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the layout!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a great tribute to your husband on his hobby! Love the take on the sketch layout! Thanks for playing along with Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on this sketch! I think it is important to document what our family loves to do and you did a wonderful job with this. Thanks for playing along at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch and a great layout!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun layout. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch! A lovely layout you shared with us! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete