Saturday 23 January 2016

Play Hard

I've been trying to only make pages for either my Canadian Cruise album or my 2015 album, but sometimes inspiration strikes and it has to be heeded. 

I was looking through my stash when I flipped past an old sticker sheet from Basic Grey's Archaic collection. Nothing unusual in that; I know it's in there, I have the remains of the 6x6 paper pad and I always pull out the stickers with the paper. But this time I was struck by its age, and the fact that I haven't used any of the stickers in ages. I decided to turn things around and try to use up the remaining pieces on one page.

One of the stickers looked suitable for a title - Play Hard - and another had the quote 'It is a happy talent to know how to play' so I looked for photo(s) of my son or nephew when they were younger. I soon hit on one of my nephew playing in the park, where happily his shirt is a great match for the colours of the Archaic papers.

I started laying out the various stickers around the photo and came to the conclusion that I needed a strong shape to contain them all. I used a template and distress ink to make a circle and layered my photo with a few paper scraps, one of the border stickers (cut in three) and my two word stickers. I placed a few stickers on the circle, tucked one in my layers and used up the photo corners, but adding more pieces just looked wrong whatever I did, so I stopped here:



I still have two more 12" border stickers, some small squares, a frame, two photo turns and various arrows, so the page certainly didn't kill off the sticker sheet. However I am one step further towards eliminating it from my stash. I still have some paper too; perhaps one more page will do it?

Supplies
Cardstock - My Mind's Eye Funday
Paper - Basic Grey Archaic 6x6 Pad
Stickers - Basic Grey Archaic
Brads - Bazzill
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Heidi Swapp Circle Mega Mask
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment