Sunday 14 February 2016

One Year On

It's St Valentine's Day, and Shimelle has challenged us to scrapbook with hearts this week, so I have a page with a rare photo of my husband and me together. It's an old photo and the title reflects the fact that we'd been married for a year. However it's not an anniversary photo, but one from some friends' wedding a few weeks later.

Unusually, I picked my background first, followed by a Project Life card to go next to my photo and hold my heart embellishment, then a few papers to go with them.

I shuffled papers for a while, before I decided to adapt a sketch from Stuck?! Sketches. It's a three-photo sketch and I only have one, but the circles were just what I needed to break up the boxiness of the layouts that I'd tried and rejected.



My background paper came from a Quirky Kit last autumn, and the text print heart was an exclusive piece in the same kit. The chalkboard heart was another Quirky Kit item, but from summer 2014. I had three left from the pack and had I intended to use them all when I started the page but it didn't work out.


Supplies
Paper - Pink Paislee Cedar Lane, My Mind's Eye Now & Then, My Mind's Eye Find Your Wings & Fly, Carta Bella Baby Mine
Card - Project Life Sweet Edition
Letters - October Afternoon
Stickers - EK Success, My Mind's Eye Now & Then
Brad - My Mind's Eye Now & Then
Ink - Docrafts
Mesh - from Stash

Tools
Sewing Machine

4 comments:

  1. lovely page - love the hearts detail - Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches Hugs Sarah x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty page, your paper choices worked out perfectly! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layering on your layout. Way to make the sketch suit your needs! Love your heart cluster too! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page, simple and elegant. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete