Friday 11 March 2016

What's Cooking

Shimelle published ten different challenges during her Online Scrapbooking Weekend, and I'd like to do all ten even if I have to combine a few to get through them.

Her third challenge was to make a page with colour blocking, and was illustrated with an example from Cheryl at Scrapstorian as well as one from Shimelle. I took my inspiration directly from Cheryl's page, and copied her template of blocks. I used a grid paper to plan my squares and rectangles before cutting each one out and backing the holes with paper from a 6x6 pad. 



I doodled an outline around each box to soften all the straight lines, and to distract from a couple of places where my cutting went slightly wrong. I journalled and embellished on the largest rectangle, and used Thickers for my title so that it would stand out from the busy background.

The photo is from 1999, so it's an old one, which qualifies this page for Shimelle's next challenge too - scrapbook an older photo. There's a tiny piece from Shimelle's first American Crafts collection on there too, but I have another page coming up for that challenge.

Supplies
Paper - Crate Paper Random, My Mind's Eye Now & Then
Letters - American Crafts
Sticker - My Mind's Eye Now & Then
Rub-On - American Crafts Shimelle
Enamel Dot - Doodlebug
Sequins - My Little Studio
Washi Tape - Unknown

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the nicest pages I have seen - I am definitely scrap lifting this one! All of the papers work so well together & still the photo is the focus - you nailed this one!!!

    ReplyDelete