Friday 26 August 2016

Team 5in5

I'm combining a sketch from Stuck?! Sketches with another of Shimelle's prompts from The 20 Project today. 

I'd printed a photo to go with the sketch and was just choosing papers when Shimelle prompted us to break our habits and pick a different colour combination for green, outdoor photos. I would normally turn to earthy colours like orange, brown, green, navy and mustard yellow, but I've changed direction here.

I started by looking at my newest papers, and picked a white, yellow and grey one from Studio Calico. The page needed a third colour (I don't count white) and I tried a few before deciding on aqua blue. It's another page made mostly from scraps and with embellishments picked from my colour drawers.



The photo is of my husband and his team-mates before they took on the 5-in-5 Challenge, climbing five Lake District peaks in five hours.

Supplies
Paper - Studio Calico, Heidi Swapp No Limits, old scraps

Letters - American Crafts
Die Cut - Simple Stories Carpe Diem
Stickers- Crate Paper, Pebbles
Flower - Prima
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug, Echo Park
Washi Tape - The Range
Tag - Unknown
Mist - Docrafts, Cosmic Shimmer
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Sewing Machine
Big Shot, Little B Arrows Dies & Quickutz Tabs Die

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love the soft colours! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Thank you for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color scheme! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful!! I love the colours that you've chosen!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete