Tuesday 17 January 2017

Banners Birthday Card

My scrapbooking mojo has gone AWOL recently; I still want to make pages, but I've been spending far too much time shuffling photos, papers and ideas without really getting anywhere recently. So I turned to card-making instead, hoping that cutting and sticking and finishing something would get my scrappy juices flowing again. It hasn't really worked, but I have another card made for my Year of Cards.


I used Card Sketch #89 from Sketch-n-Scrap and a 6x6 pad from Basic Grey's Mint Julep collection. This pad is down to scraps now, but there are still enough pieces left for a few more cards. 

The card is intended for my Nan; she'll be 95 next birthday and her sight isn't what it was so I chose strong colours for the two banners. I stamped and die-cut a smaller circle than the one on the sketch, and added a flower to it along with two small hearts and my sentiment on a small label.



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I really like the color choices, she will love it! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely PERFECT! I LOVE those colors together!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! This is a pretty card with beautiful color choices! Love the touch of yellow with the flower! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! Such pretty colors and I'm sure your Nan will love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card she's going to love it :) I like how you used the label and the sentiment sticker together, will have to member that I have those same stickers:) Great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us over at Sketch N Scrap
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card. I love the embellishments. Thanks for playing with us at Sketch N Scrap. :)

    ReplyDelete