Friday 27 January 2017

Guesting at Stick It Down

I'm the guest designer at Stick It Down today, with a card based on their January sketch.

As I posted a couple of weeks ago (A Year of Cards), I want to change my approach to card-making in 2017. No more making random cards just because a sketch or challenge appeals to me; each card should be made with a specific person in mind. 

So... this card will be for one of my nephews, probably the older one but as he'll be 21 next birthday I may make him a specific '21st' card and pass this one to my younger nephew instead. I chose the Mr Mister collection from Papermania and picked a retro gaming print for the main pattern on the card, with complementary papers for the border and the circle. I made my circle larger than the one on the sketch, bumped it up on some scraps of chipboard and moved the sentiment to lie across it.




Stick It Down have three sketches each month, for single and double scrapbook pages as well as cards, so hopefully there's something for everyone. Why not pop over, take a look and link up your creations too?


3 comments:

  1. This is really cool! Perfect card for a guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Amanda! I try to do that, too, with my cards and challenges. I look at my calendar to see what's coming up, then make something for that person or occasion.

    Thanks for being such a wonderful guest designer at Stick it Down!

    Evelyn (SID Card Team member)

    ReplyDelete