Saturday 14 January 2017

Twmpa et al.

I'm filling in another gap in my 2016 album today; we holidayed in Wales last Easter where my husband and some friends walked up Twmpa (or Lord Hereford's Knob) in the Black Mountains. The 'et al' in my page title is for the two other peaks that they bagged, though Twmpa was the main objective that day.

I had four photos that I wanted to use, and I printed one of Twmpa at A4 on cardstock rather than photo paper so that I could use it as part of the page background. I've done this a few times before; printing on cardstock gives the photo a much softer look and it doesn't demand your attention, literally fading into the background.

I chose three other photos of our friends on the three peaks that they visited and printed them at a smaller size to overlap the bottom of the large photo. I used part of this sketch (which was originally published at Sketch Savvy and is one of four sketches for the January challenge in Facebook group For the Love of Pretty Paper) for the layout of the smaller photos and the paper layers behind them, and repeated all the papers at the top right of the page. The final step was to write my journalling directly on the large photo; there's no room elsewhere.



Supplies
Paper - Studio Calico Maycomb, My Mind's Eye Now & Then, My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste, Carta Bella Baby Mine
Letters - Freckled Fawn
Washi Tape - Trimcraft
Flowers - Poundland
Pearls - Mark Richards
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Tags Die

No comments:

Post a Comment