Sunday 26 February 2017

Advent Valley

I'm sharing another cruise page today; it's slow progress but I'm determined to get this album done before we cruise again this summer (hopefully long before then, but we'll see how it goes). We're still in Longyearbyen and it was the turn of my daughter and me for a trip; ours was a more gentle affair than the boys' glacier hike and we headed into the Advent Valley for a nature walk.

I've used the most common page protector for this page as I have a run of horizontal photos coming up. I almost always have the title in the top left pocket, and this time it holds the majority of my journalling too. I filled the other three 4x6 pocket with photos - a view of the valley, my daughter and me, and a reindeer.



The middle row has two smaller photos and more journalling specifically about them. On the left is our guard; I'm not joking about polar bear danger on Spitsbergen and you can't leave the town without a rifle. On the right is some arctic cotton, a species that thrives here despite the long arctic winter and the very short growing season in summer.

Supplies
Paper - My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart, Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu
Letters - Anita's Glitterations
Die Cut - Pink Paislee Portfolio
Wood Veneer - Heidi Swapp
Washi Tape - Trimcraft, Tesco
Gems - Papermania
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die

No comments:

Post a Comment