Saturday 18 February 2017

Longyearbyen

I'm continuing with the album from our 2013 Norwegian cruise today, with two pages from Longyearbyen in Svalbard. This album ought to be coming together quite quickly as I'm working with divided page protectors and 6x6 pads, but it's really tricky deciding which page protectors to use where and what size to print each photo. 

The first page is on the back of my last one so that was one decision made; I have to work with the pockets I have. I think this may be my favourite combination of pockets, a mix of portrait and landscape slots, but I only have a few of this design. 

Obviously my title needed to go in that long 2x12 pocket and next I filled the top-left pocket with a watercolour map of Spitsbergen (from stamen.com; I have used these maps for each port we visited) plus a bit of information about the town. Next to that we have a small photo and some journalling for our foggy arrival. Below that, the large photo is the view from ship to town along the coast later in the day and the small one at the bottom is a close-up of a disused aeriel tramway on the hillside. The bottom left pocket has two road signs from the town; the polar bear danger is real here.



For the next page, I had a batch of landscape photos, but I knew that I had a portrait photo to go on the back so I chose a page protector with four 4x6 horizontal landscape pockets and one 6x8 vertical pocket. This meant that all the journalling on this side had to go in one large block. The photos are: my daughter with a polar bear sculpture; a row of wooden house; huskies in a compound on the edge of town; arctic terns. 



Supplies
Paper - Pink Paislee Portfolio, Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu, My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart, My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing
Letters - Basic Grey
Die-Cuts - Pink Paislee Portfolio
Label Sticker - 7Gypsies
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico
Chipboard - My Mind's Eye Lost & Found
Gems - Papermania, Dovecraft
Enamel Dots - Teresa Collins, Papermania
Washi - October Afternoon, Trimcraft, Tesco

Tools
Big Shot, Alphabet Dies & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

X-Cut Small Circle Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment