Sunday 26 March 2017

Cheers!

I'm sharing another 12x12 page today; this one is from the CyberCrop that Paper Issues held in their Facebook group last weekend. They posted more than 20 challenges, but I only did a handful including this sketch. Entries close tomorrow morning (BST) so you still have time to play along.

One of my friends reached a milestone birthday last year, and we had a whole day of celebrations. These will run to four pages in my album and I've been on the lookout for a suitable collection of papers to scrap them as a set. I finally picked Heyday from Studio Calico; I have the 12x12 collection pack, the 6x6 pad and the ephemera set. It seems to be a childhood-themed collection but most of the prints are neutral and the balloon-patterned papers are good for a birthday while still being fairly subtle.




I toyed with the title for a long time. This is the first page from the day, and we're drinking Prosecco on the train to London (at 10am). I considered 'Start As You Mean to Go On' and 'Let's Get This Party Started' but both felt too long; 'Celebrate' was a possibility for a while but it would leave me short of both Es and As for the other pages. I did the rest of the page, including the journalling, before I finally settled on a title, and it was the journalling that gave it to me; the last word I wrote was Cheers! and so I duplicated that as the title, tying the two in together.

Supplies
Paper - Studio Calico Heyday, Simple Stories So Fancy
Letters - American Crafts
Stickers - My Mind's Eye, Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes, American Crafts/Shimelle, Paperchase
Die Cuts - Studio Calico Heyday, OneCanoeTwo Hazelwood
Gems - from Stash

Tools
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch
Big Shot & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die

No comments:

Post a Comment