Tuesday 14 March 2017

Heading South

This page from our cruise album is something of a filler, and uses a different size of page protector - 6x12. Up until now I've used a variety of 12x12 divided page protectors and having each protector suit the photos on both the front and back has been an exercise in forward planning; looking ahead at upcoming photos that I want to include, and planning several related pages at the same time has been the hardest thing about this project. 

We had two days at sea between Ny-Ă…lesund and our next port of call Kristiansund and although I have enough photos for a 12x12 page, I realised that this would cause problems for my portrait-oriented photos in a few pages time. So... I've gone for 6x12 here so that I can get my portrait photos back-to-back in a pocket later on. 

The front of this page actually has three photos from the end of our day in Ny-Ă…lesund - a final view of the fjord, a pod of dolphins who turned up mid-dinner and a still from the evening show. The title, Heading South, matches up with the Heading North page that I made for our outward voyage.


The back of this page covers two whole days; by this time our sea day activities were a familiar routine and I didn't take many photos but if I had they would just have been repeats from earlier in the album anyway. The top one is the 'view' from on deck as we had bad weather for these days, the outside doors were closed on one of them so we couldn't go outside at all. Still, I'd rather have rain on sea days than port days and we were very lucky with the weather on this trip.



The second pocket has a couple of photos from a fun session of Can't Cook, Won't Cook and the third is from the British-themed night, with a flag-waving sing-along and my son in his Union flag onesie. I originally was going to use 'All at Sea' as the title for the whole page, but the empty spaces on the other cards were just begging for titles too.

Supplies
Paper - Pink Paislee Portfolio, Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu
Letters - Basic Grey
Frames - Echo Park
Washi Tape - October Afternoon, The Works, American Crafts, Tesco
Chipboard - Pink Paislee
Gems - Scrapberry's, Papermania
Enamel Cloud - Teresa Collins

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment