Thursday 20 April 2017

A Hexagons 'Starting Point'

Now that I've practically finished my Norwegian cruise album, I have a small stack of coordinating scraps left over, and I've put some of them to use on a 'starting point' page. These are pages that I start without a photo in mind, and then complete at a later date.

For this one, I pulled out all the scraps from the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart pad and used my Big Shot with a small hexagon die to cut as many as I could. A lot of the scraps were 2x6 (where I'd cut a 6x6 paper down to fit a 4x6 pocket) and I could get 4 per piece from them, using both sides for different patterns where both would work. Having arranged them all on the page, I took a quick reference photo and then removed them all so that I could liven up the white cardstock with a liberal spattering of mist. Once it was dry, I settled down to ink all the hexagons and stick them in place. I then added a few pieces of photo strip washi tape and a couple of leftover enamel dots. I've actually taken this page a little further than I normally would for a starting point, but it felt right to do it.


Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart
Washi Tape - Ebay
Enamel Dots - Echo Park
Ink - Docrafts
Mist - Mister Huey's, Cosmic Shimmer

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Hexagon Die

No comments:

Post a Comment