Monday 3 April 2017

Olden

Back to my Norwegian cruise album now; Olden was our last port of call, so the end is in sight. I'm sharing three pages in this post and I have a couple more coming up soon.

I've started this page as I've started every new destination - title, map and journalling about the village. This was a tender port (which means we anchored offshore and used the ship's lifeboats (also known as tenders) to go ashore) so I have a photo of one of the boats being lowered to the water. The pocket headed 'Plan B' is about a change of plan for the day. Olden is close to the Briksdal glacier which we had planned to visit via local bus rather than on the vastly overpriced ship's tour. Unfortunately that bus (the only one) was already full when it reached us so we had to re-think our day.




We decided to explore the valley south of Olden, where a waterfall and lake were marked on our map. The second page is taken up with pictures of the walk along the river and then the waterfall. 



We continued along the river above the waterfall as far as Lake Floen, a beautiful glacial lake with perfect reflections of the surrounding scenery. My husband walked right round the lake, but the rest of us returned to Olden along the main road. The buildings in the last pocket were on the road, not by the lake, so I cropped and matted the photo to separate it from the others.




Supplies
Paper - My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart, MME Lost & Found 3, Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu, Pink Paislee Portfolio
Letters - American Crafts, Basic Grey, Anita's Glitterations
Label Stickers - 7Gypsies
Washi Tape - October Afternoon, American Crafts, Trimcraft, Ebay
Enamel Dots/Stars - American Crafts/Shimelle, My Mind's Eye, Doodlebug, Papermania
Pearls - Scrapberry's
Star Gems - Papermania

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment