Wednesday 26 April 2017

Tea at The Ritz

This is the third page from one of my friend's birthday last year and it's a double for Afternoon Tea at the Ritz Hotel. We had a fabulous day out in London and you can see two other pages from the day earlier on my blog (Cheers and In the Sky Garden). 

I used one of my favourite double page sketches (from the now defunct Sketch Support) for my page, one that's really versatile and I have to limit its use. 

On this occasion, I swapped the positions of the title and journalling, and squeezed an extra photo onto the left page. On the right, I turned one of my paper layers into a pocket for the menu and swapped the larger and smaller landscape photos over to help with the layering over the pocket.



Somehow I have managed to run out of cream cardstock, so I used white for the background and chalked the edges to make it a beige/pink colour instead. I based my embellishment on circles and stars to contrast with all the rectangles of paper, and finally found the perfect place for a Shimelle sticker with the wording 'drink tea + eat cake'.

Supplies
Cardstock - Chartwell Studio
Paper - Studio Calico Heyday, Studio Calico Sundrifter
Letters - American Crafts
Circle Stickers - Anita's Glitterations
Doily Sticker - My Mind's Eye
Word Stickers - American Crafts/Shimelle, Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes, My Mind's Eye
Stars/Gems/Flowers - from Stash
Washi Tape - Dovecraft
Chalk - Studio G
Ink/Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die

No comments:

Post a Comment